Local SEO is a branch of Search Engine Optimization that concentrates on optimizing a local business to be found in local search pack.
Local search envoles all those great local search terms that scream local, such as:
- dispensaries near me
- dentist near me
- dispensaries in [city name]
- dentist in [city name]
As an overview, local search engine optimization is a strategic process that focuses on emphasizing the SEO efforts of local brick-and-mortar businesses.
On-page optimizations, content, and link building all with a focused, localized intent are pieces of these efforts.
The priority changes, however, when it comes to localizing link building.
The focus changes to making sure all potential local signals across Bing, Google and Yahoo local search areas are consistent and correct.
If your local signals are not consistent or you accidentally provide different information for the same business, you could possibly experience situations where your local results display something entirely different than what was intended.
The Reason Local Search Is Critcal
Here are some important statistics that demonstrate how important local SEO search continues to be for businesses:
- 50 percent of people who did a local search on their phone went to a physical store within one day.
- 34 percent who did their search on a computer or tablet did the same.
- 18 percent of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day.
- 60 percent of American adults conduct searches for local services or product information on tablets and smartphones.
- 50 percent of searchers on their mobile phones who conduct local searches are looking for things like a local business address.
- 78 percent of local-based searches on a mobile device end in purchases being made offline.
- 71 percent of people who have been surveyed have said they search for the location of a business in order to confirm its existence before going there for a first-time visit.
- 1 in 3 searches on a smartphone was conducted just before arriving at a store.
- 97 percent of consumers looked online for local businesses in 2017, with 12 percent looking for a local business online every day.